Friday, April 26, 2013

A Working mom...a whiney post.

I am a working mom. I work 40, sometimes many more hours a week, take care of my baby, my husband, and my home...and I'm exhausted and a little overwhelmed.  I never wanted to be a working mom. I never pictured myself as a working mom...but I am because I need to be to help support my husband, baby, and other members of my family that need our help. I feel like I should be able to do it all and want to be able to do it all. My house is often a disaster and I don't cook near as many meals as I want to. I want to diet and get in shape, be a better church member, organize my home, do DIY projects, deep clean my home, do more fun things with my family, and countless other things...but I never have enough time or energy to do it all. I want to play more with my baby, get my emergency preparedness ready, coupon (I always wanted to be a mom who saved hundreds with coupons or got free stuff), have a meal calender, scrapbook, and garden...but it's so hard to find the time for it all. Can you tell I feel overwhelmed yet? I work so hard to stay positive, happy, to be a good mom and a good wife. I feel like a let down when my husband has to buy himself dinner because I get stuck at work. I love my job but it tires me out, and it's another place I try so hard to be perfect. I don't really have many girlfriends. I wish I had a best friend I could talk to a lot about girlie things that lived close by, or a group of girlfriends to go out with sometimes or have more girls night....

BUT....I love my family. My husband is amazing and he truly is my very best friend. I have the sweetest daughter in the world and I love her more than I ever knew possible. I'm grateful to be alive, grateful for my home, and all my blessings. I'm grateful for my job, for how lucky I am to have a job I love so much since I do have to work. I really have no reason to whine...but I'm human...and this is one of those days, one of those nights, one of those moments where I wish I weren't a working mom, wished I could stay home with my baby and do so many of those things I won't always have time to do.

I guess today my miracle is that I only feel like how I feel today every little once in a while.


1 comment:

  1. Did you steal that blog post from my brain???
    We all feel overwhelmed sometimes. You're doing a great job!!

    ReplyDelete