Friday, April 27, 2012

Eyebrows and Eyelashes

Chemo is exhausting! I kept wanting to blog but didn't have the strength to focus on the positive so I waited till now since I'm starting to feel a little better. It's always easier to see the positive when you don't feel so sick. :) They say chemo treatments build on each other and I definitely felt that this past week as the side affects were much more brutal than my previous treatments....BUT there have been so many blessings this week mixed in with all the sick days. 

My sister, Jackie, flew in on Sunday and stayed with me till yesterday. What a miracle this was for me as my mom and dad have been out of town and my hubby had to work. I wasn't up to doing much but it was nice not to spend all day at home sick and alone. She is one of my very best friends and I could not be more grateful for her taking the time out of her busy life, leaving her kids, and spending a few days helping me out! 

On Monday I went to my oncologist and he wanted me to have a STAT MRI to check the status of my tumor. MRI's are one of the hardest things for me to do. I never knew I was claustrophobic till my first MRI a couple months ago....wowzers! They make me crazy! But I lasted thru the chest MRI ( didn't make it thru the other two he ordered but Dr Oncology said it's ok) and the results came back, and I quote from the Dr, "almost clean"!!! Awesome huh? The cancer is responding very well to the chemo! Still have to do all the same number of treatments and probably still radiation but just knowing that the chemo is working so well is so GREAT!

My last little miracle this week is kind of a silly one but I'm grateful for it nonetheless. I have lost pretty much all my hair now but somehow my eyebrows and eyelashes are holding STRONG! Woop Woop! I feel like I still look like me and it really does make me happy to look in the mirror and still see them there. Never knew I'd be so grateful for eyelashes and eyebrows....don't underestimate the little things, sometimes little miracles are what get us thru when we don't feel  (or look ) quite like ourselves. 




3 comments:

  1. You are so strong Amber! And you are beautiful. I will be praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOD BLESS YOU AMBER YOU ARE AN AMAZING WOMEN I AM SO GLAD THAT I WAS ABLE TO GET TO KNOW YOU CLOSE FOR AWHILE I THINK ABOUT YOU AND YOUR GROWING FAMILY A LOT I HOPE ALL STAYS GOING WELL AND THAT YOU CONTINUE TO SEE THE POSITIVE IN EVERYTHING

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart aches for you! Hang on there, pretty eyelashes and brows! You can make it! But even if they can't, I know you can Amber! You can do this! I'm keeping you and your baby and your family in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete