Friday, March 23, 2012

My life is full of everyday miracles. I am just an average girl but for some reason I have been extremely blessed, particularly within this past year with so many blessings, and quite a few miracles.
This time last year I was running around crazy getting ready to get MARRIED! ! I married my cute little Rafael April 16th, 2011 and he truly is the greatest thing since sliced bread! ! He brings me everyday miracles in his sweetness, his strength, and his humor that helps me in my weakest moments.




Soon after we got married, we started looking for a home. This process was exhausting! After several offers on other homes, we finally offered on a short sale in Mesa....months went by but FINALLY, we got it. What a MIRACLE this was! With the help of my parents who have worked hours and hours and hours, we are getting ready to move in to our new little home in the next couple weeks! I am so excited as this will be my first home and I LOVE to craft and decorate and can't wait to start on all my little projects!





Shortly before we found out we got the house, we found out that we are expecting Baby Campos! I have wanted to be a mom pretty much since I was a little girl. Sadly, I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome when I was 22 and knew that getting pregnant may not be easy. After several ovulation tests, I realized I was not ovulating at all and so I went to the Dr for some help. After one round of Clomid I found out I was pregnant December 23th, 2011. I wanted to wait to tell Rafa till Christmas but I didn't make it even 2 hours before I broke down and told him! What a miracle it was to get pregnant so quickly.....keep reading to find out what a huge miracle this truly is. (P/S: this pic below is my little baby at 15 and 1/2 weeks....unsure if it is a boy or a girl just yet)








So a busy year I've had so far! Newlyweds, buying a home, and expecting our first baby! But some of my biggest miracles have happened just in the last two weeks.....




On Wednesday, March 7th, I was at work at Banner Desert (in the financial department) and as I ate breakfast I had this weird cough. I felt totally fine but it worried me because I felt like I could feel something in my chest when I coughed. I shrugged it aside, but when I went to lunch, it was even worse. I kept thinking it was nothing but thought "What if it is a blood clot?" I had heard they are more common when you are pregnant...so I called my OBGYN and the RN didn't really know what to tell me. She said the Dr was not in that day but I could come in the next day to be checked out or if I was really worried about it I could go to the ER. I felt a little silly but I could tell that something just wasn't quite right so I went ahead and went to the ER. I called my mom and my hubby to tell them but assured them I was fine and just going to make sure everything was fine.




When I got to the ER and checked in the RN triaged me and when I told him my problem I could tell he thought that I was just fine. I told him my worry was that it was a blood clot and because I was pregnant I wanted to make sure everything was ok. He told me they would be working me up for a pulmonary embolism which would mean a CT scan but that they would put a shield on my belly to protect the baby.




My mom showed up shortly after the CT scan and sat with me while I waited a couple hours for the results of the CT. I was sure that I was just fine and they were going to come and tell me that it was bronchitis or something silly like that.




Soon, two Dr's came in. One sat down beside me and told me I did not have a blood clot, but that I had a large mass in the center of my chest...and that they thought it was one of 2 things, small cell lung cancer or lymphoma cancer. WOW! My mom and I cried for a while and they quickly admitted me to the hospital. After a couple days of lots of tests including MRI's, ECHO's, and a Bone Marrow Biopsy we got the results that I have Large B cell lymphoma cancer, which is a non-Hodgkins cancer. It is an aggressive cancer that must be treated immediately so I had my first chemotherapy treatment on March 10 in the hospital.




Crazy huh? Well here come the miracles.....When I found out about the cancer I was 14 weeks pregnant which meant I was already in my second trimester. Chemotherapy is safe on baby after the first trimester!!! So had I not gotten pregnant on that first round of Clomid, but say the second, then the baby probably would not have been able to make it through the treatment. As it is, I have had chemo and so far the baby is doing just PERFECT!




Another miracle is that I went to the ER when I did. In a way, this little baby already saved my life! The cancer is in stage 1 and often times this cancer is not found until Stage 3 or 4. Because the cancer is in stage 1 I am able to only have chemo now, and wait until the baby is born to have radiation! Also because it is in the 1st stage, I have a 90% curable rate!!! Heck Yes! What another miracle that is!




So life has changed dramatically! Me and my hubby have been staying with my mom and dad because for about 10 days after chemo I needed a lot of help and felt extremely exhausted and worn out. There are a lot of side affects to chemo including nausea, headaches, mouth sores, and very achy bones (oh...and hair loss...which is probably going to be the hardest for me to deal with ). BUT I'm feeling much better now and trying to get things done before my next treatment which is next Friday. I know that there will be hard days ahead but I know I can beat this and I have to stay positive not only for me, but for my little baby. I am so blessed to have a loving husband who has been my rock, to have a family who takes such great care of me, and to have a faith that assures me that I will be ok and gives me HOPE. They say blessings come after the trials...but I believe blessings come each and every day through the trials......and those are just a few of my Everyday Miracles.














































































8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, thanks so much for sharing all of that! Oh my goodness! What a roller coaster! (Side note, thanks for posting on FB that you created this post. I check blogs the most that post an update on FB.) Anywho, I'm so glad that you've received so many answers to your prayers: your wonderful husband, and your beautiful home, and your little one, and I'm sure many more! I can only imagine that there are many more answers to your prayers in store for you. I'll keep you in my prayers. Stay strong! We each have our own set of trials, but we also have our own custom designed blessings to help us get through them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Amber, I love you! You did a beautiful job with your blog. It looks darling and your amazing perspective will surely inspire many. You are so awesome little sis. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great post, Amber. I am so excited for your baby! And that is such good news to hear things are going well with your treatments. I hope things continue to go well for you! Happy Almost-Anniversary:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amber! Oh my gosh. I had no idea you were going through all of this. You are an example to me of looking for the miracles. Heavenly Father really is involved in the details of our lives. Thank you. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. You're going to make it through, don't give up. :)
    ~risa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amber, we are thinking of you. Hope you are having a good week this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are inspiring. And your story fascinates me. I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried not to cry as I read your post, but I couldn't help it. You have the most amazing attitude! You've always been the kind of person to look on the bright side and it has always inspired me. Now you're going through so much yourself and you STILL manage to bless others! Love you.

    ReplyDelete