Saturday, March 31, 2012

Chemo....Round Two

Yesterday was my second chemo treatment. I had it at the Dr office instead of the hospital so that was a good start already!
I got to the oncologists office at 10 and they got started around 10:30. I sat in a room full of recliners with other cancer patients. It wasn't exactly how I pictured it but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I think I was their the longest of anyone. I saw about 20 patients come and go while I had my treatment but at least I didn't have to be in the hospital.
I was really nervous for them to use my port because it was so tender but though it hurt it was not near as bad as the pick line and I know I'm going to be very grateful for that surgery!
My first medicine takes 4 hours total but luckily they gave me some Benadryl on a slow drip which helped me sleep most of the time. My next few drugs went pretty fast and I was able to leave around 4! I was exhausted but glad I made it through and that my vitals stayed good and steady the entire time. :)
I was able to chat with some other cancer patients during the infusion and it was a blessing to hear about their stories. I met this one man who has been in Stage four for 8 years! I couldn't believe that...hearing his story made me feel so blessed and made my long day of chemo seem much easier. I've been feeling so positive lately and really lucky in so many ways. Today I am resting, had a rough night last night. I know this week will be a hard one but I know that chemo is a blessing that will make me well and help me be healthy for my husband and my baby. That is definitly a miracle!

2 comments:

  1. Amber, I find I get happy when i see you have updated your blog. I look forward to what you have to say, as I admire your strength. You are a beautiful person, both inside and out. That is one of the reasons you will beat this crap!!....I think about you and what you are going through every day....God Bless both you and your baby.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber I know we haven't talked in ages. Kristy told me to check your blog and I have been reading. I've been moved to tears but not because of the reason most would think. I do miss you and our childhood. I do feel for you and your husband. I regret not being a better friend as an adult. However, what inspired me most while I read this is your ever sunny attitude. You have so much courage and that is amazing and wonderful to know. I just...wish I had better things to say. Or more things to say. Or that I'd said them years ago. But I love you.

    ReplyDelete